Chelela Natural Trek
- Trek to Bhutan’s highest road point, Chelila pass at about 4,000 meters above sea level and have a view of the spectacular peaks such as Mt Jomolhari, Jitchu Drake, Tshering Gang, etc.
- And it is not just the trek: visit places and institutions that only Bhutan houses, such as Paro Taktshang (Tiger’s Lair), Tashichhodzong (seat of governance), Drukgyel Dzong (Castle of the Victorious Drukpa), Kyichu Lhakhang (one of Bhutan’s oldest monastery) and many more.
- Experience the delight of trekking and becoming one with natural flora and fauna.
- Accommodation on twin sharing.
- Full board meals as stated in the itinerary.
- All tours and transfers in private coach.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to monument as per the itinerary.
- Bottle of drinking water during tour on daily basis.
- Bhutanese Cultural show including Mask dance.
- Government SDF and other taxes.
- Travel insurance.
- Expenses on personal nature.
- Tipping for guide and driver.
- DAY 01
Katmandu/Delhi/Bangkok - Paro
- Arrive at Paro international airport, where our representative will welcome and escort you to the hotel. (The flight will be an unforgettable experience. You can see the enthralling peaks such as, Mt Everest, Jomolhari and others. The landing will also be a thrill.)
- After lunch, visit Paro’s National Museum, which was once a watchtower (Ta Dzong) and Paro Rimpong Dzong (Fortress) (Castle on a heap of precious Jewels). Take a stroll of Paro town.
Welcome dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
- DAY 02
- Visiting Bhutan’s ultimate architectural and spiritual epitome.
- After breakfast, travel for about 15 minutes to the foothills of Taktshang – “the Tiger’s Lair” – monastery and begin the upward hike. This is a five hour round trek along an old trail. Taktshang is one of the most revered religious sites in the Kingdom. Perched on a hill about 1000meter and overlook- ing the valley, it is an architectural wonder. It is believed that the 8th century Indian Saint and Buddhist Master Guru Padma Sambhava came flying on a tigress, in a fiery form to subdue demons who were obstructing the spread of Bud- dhism.
- Later visit the ruins of Drukgyel Dzong (Fortress of the Vic- torious Drukpa) a 17th century structure and the 7th cen- tury Kyichu temple.
- DAY 03
Paro - Chonana
- Altitude: 3500 m Distance: 14 Km, Time: 5-6 hours The Trek will begin today after a visit to nearby villages.
- Overnight stay in camp at Chonana (3,500m), about 14 kil- ometers from Paro.
- DAY 04
Chonana - Jebkarpo
- Altitude: 3500 m Distance: 16 Km, Time: 6-7 Hrs
- Scale Chelela Pass, which at about 4,000 meters is the high- est road point in Bhutan. On a clear day, you can see a stun- ning view of the Himalayan mountain ranges from the pass. You will be trekking through forests filled with Primula, Blue Poppy and Rhododendrons during the flowering season.
- Overnight camp at Jebkarpo.
- DAY 05
Jenkarpo - Milunga
- Altitude : 3500 m Distance :16 Km Time: 5-6 Hrs
- The day will take you along a path that offer spectacular views of Mt Jomolhari (revered as the abode of Bhutan’s mountain Goddess, Aum Jomo), Tsering Gang (The Glacier of Long Life) and Jichu Drakey.
- Overnight camp at Milunga.
- DAY 06
Milungla - Tong
- Altitude: 3,500m, Distance: 16 Km Time: 6-7Hrs. Excellent views of mountains and valleys continue to greet you. You may spot yaks, an animal that is exclusive to the Himalayan region.
- Overnight camp at Tong.
- DAY 07
Tong - Thimphu
- The last day of the trek, is a descend to Paro valley, with the trek ending at Drukgyel.
- After lunch at a hotel, you will move to Thimphu. A cultural entertainment will be hosted in the evening.
- Dinner and overnight stay in hotel, Thimphu.
- DAY 08
Thimphu - Wangduephodrang
- Before moving from Thimphu, you will visit the capital city’s landmarks.
- National Memorial Stupa: one of the most beautiful stupas of the Nyingmapa Sect of Buddhism, built in memory of the Father of Modern Bhutan, Third King Jigmi Dorji Wang- chuck.
- Buddha Point: the largest statue of Buddha Shakyamuni undergoing construction. From here you have a spectacular view of Thimphu.
- Changangkha Lhakhang: Founded by Phajo Drugom Shig- po in the 13th century and later embellished by his son Ny- ima. Today, the temple is considered the spiritual home of children born in Chang region of Thimphu.
- Other places will be the Takin Zoo, National Handicrafts Emporium, Bhutanese local handmade paper factory and others.
- In the evening you will visit Tashichhodzong (Fortress): the power centre of Bhutanese government, which houses the King’s office, Throne Room, government ministries and is also the summer residence of the Chief Abbot.
- Towards evening, you will be driven to Wangduephodrang over Dochula pass (3,100m)
- Dinner and overnight stay at hotel in Wangduephodrang.
- DAY 09
Wangduephodrang - Punakha - Paro
- In the morning, we will visit ruins of the 18th century Wang- duephodrang Dzong (Fortress), which was razed by a tragic fire in 2012. We will then drive to Punakha and en-route to Punakha, Chhimi Lhakhang, the Temple of Fertility.
- Chhimi lhakhang, is a 15th century monastery associated with Lam Drukpa Kuenley, (Divine Madmonk), where the Phallus is worshipped. Barren couples visit the temple to re- ceive blessings.
- Punakha Dzong : The next stop will be Punakha Dzong, the ancient capital of Bhutan, an architectural masterpiece built at the confluence of two rivers, the Pho (Male) and Mo(Female) chus(rivers). The Fortress is very significant to Bhutan and has some of the most sacred ancient relics.
- Dochula Pass: From Punakha we proceed to Paro and stop for lunch at Dochula Pass cafeteria. From the Pass one can see the Eastern Himalayan Ranges, comprising snow-capped mountains with altitudes ranging from 6000m-7554m. Dochula is also beautified by the 108 stupas built around a mound.
- Dinner and overnight stay in a hotel in Paro.
- DAY 10
Departure from Paro
- You will be escorted to the Paro International Airport for your onward flight to your next destination.
Tour guide Pema Letho made the Bhutan trip both informative and entertaining. He always has some interesting stories to...
It was truly an eye-opening visit to Bhutan, and we had a really enjoyable experience! The 7D6N itinerary was...
We had a very good experience for our first visit to Bhutan. The itinerary was very complete and our...
Great sights, great food, great iternary, awesome guide. A totally unexpected enjoyable experience in Bhutan.
My trip to Bhutan was a great experience for me. Amazing country with a lot of fresh air; people...
I just returned from a 7-day tour of Bhutan and had the privilege of Guide Dago Tshering and driver...