- Breathtaking views of landscapes, fauna and flora.
- Views of Marsico mountains.
Experience the excitement of trekking to heights with altitude differences of 2,500m up-to 5,000m along breathtaking views of landscapes, fauna and flora.
Be one of the very few to get a spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari (Mountain Goddess) from Jomolhari basecamp (Jangothang).
Highest Camp: 4,080m
Best Seasons: March to June & September to November
- Accommodation on twin sharing.
- Full board meals as stated in the itinerary.
- All tours and transfers in private Coach.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee to monument as per the itinerary.
- Bottle of drinking water during tour on daily basis.
- Bhutanese Cultural show including Mask dance.
- Government SDF and other taxes
- Travel insurance.
- Expenses on personal nature.
- Tipping for guide and driver.
- Day 01
Gunitsawa village- Sharna Zampa
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape
- This trek begins at Gunitsawa Village where you pass the army post. At the army check-point your trek permit (provided by your tour operator) will be checked and endorsed. The campsite is on the opposite side of the river, not far from Gunitsawa.
- Day 02
Sharna Zampa – Thangthangkha
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape
- On this long day, the trail continues with several ascends and descends. After an uphill trek through the river valley, the trail narrows gradually to a mere path and then descends to a meadow. This will be your camp for the night.
- Day 03
Thangthangkha – Jangothang
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape, view of Mt Jomolhari
- If you did not see Mt. Jomolhari the previous evening, you will still have a chance to get a great view early this morning. This morning the trek continues up the Paro Chhu valley which widens into patches of alpine meadow and scenic beauty.
- Day 04
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape, views of lakes and snow capped mountains. You could spot blue sheep
- The rest day in Jangothang provides plenty of possibilities for day hikes with great views of lakes and snow capped mountains such as Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. There are good chances to spot some blue sheep on the upper slopes of the valley. Jangothang is a perfect environment for your acclimatization.
- Day 05
Jangothang – Lingshi
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape, lake
- The trail leads to a last settlement in the valley and drops to the Paro Chhu. Passing the lake of Tshophu (4,380m) you will climb up steeply to Bhonte La pass at 4,890 m, the highest point of this trek route.
- Day 06
Highlights: Flora, fauna, landscape, views of Majrstic mountains
- The trail climbs up to the Yelila pass at an altitude of 4,930m. From the pass, on a clear day you will get an excellent view of Jomolhari, Tserimgang and Masanggang.
- Day 07
Shodu – Barshong
Highlights: Flora (Rhododendron), fauna, landscape, waterfalls
- The trail follows the Thimphu Chhu through rhododendron forests, past beautiful waterfalls along the way. The valley narrows till the path takes to the slopes and gradually ascends to the ruins of Barshong Dzong.
- Day 08
Barshong- Dolam Kencho
Highlights: Flora (rhododendron, birch, conifer, maples and bamboos), fauna, landscape, Barshong Dzong
- The trail descends down to the Thimphu Chhu river valley, through dense forests of rhododendron, birch, conifer, maples and bamboos and then ascends to pasture lands. The camp is in a meadow.
- Day 09
Dolam Kencho – Dodena
Highlights: Flora, fauna and landscape
- The trail continues through forested areas winding up and down and through a small pass. Langurs (monkeys) can be seen along the way. In Dodena, you will exit the Jigme Dorji National Park and drive to Thimphu.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Tour guide Pema Letho made the Bhutan trip both informative and entertaining. He always has some interesting stories to...
It was truly an eye-opening visit to Bhutan, and we had a really enjoyable experience! The 7D6N itinerary was...
We had a very good experience for our first visit to Bhutan. The itinerary was very complete and our...
Great sights, great food, great iternary, awesome guide. A totally unexpected enjoyable experience in Bhutan.
My trip to Bhutan was a great experience for me. Amazing country with a lot of fresh air; people...
I just returned from a 7-day tour of Bhutan and had the privilege of Guide Dago Tshering and driver...