The first resort in Bhutan and with five lodges across its central and western valleys, Amankora has been a part of this legendary Buddhist Kingdom for 17 years. Dedicated to providing an unparalleled experience of this pristine, year-round destination – one of the happiest places in the world – Amankora’s five lodges are each a sanctuary designed to complement its uniquely beautiful setting.
Amenkora Thimphu: Set in the upper reaches of the Motithang area, the 16-suite Lodge of Amankora Thimphu is built in the style of a traditional dzong fortress. Within reach of the capital’s shops and sights, the lodge remains a secluded retreat from which to explore both all the city has to offer and the wild Himalayan landscape. Amenities include king-size beds, traditional wood-burning stoves and banquette window-seats, while bathrooms feature terrazzo-clad bathtubs, twin vanities, a separate shower and toilet. Hiking and cycling are arguably the best ways to explore the incredible landscape, and every lodge offers an exhaustive list of options and routes. In addition, guests will be given a ‘top ten’ list of experiences to try in each locality.
- King-size bed.
- Banquette window-seat.
- Traditional wood-burning stove.
- Terrazzo-clad bathtub.
- Twin vanities.
- Separate shower and toilet.
- All meals at Amankora Dining Room & Picnics enroute to other Amankora Lodges are included.
- In house beverages including house wines and spirits.
- Ground handling & Concierge services including flight reservations, visa processing assistance and personalized itinerary planning.
- Spa facilities include three treatments rooms and a steam room.
- The Dining Room offers views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest.
- Soaring ceilings and wood paneled walls complement an outdoor dining deck.
- Thimphu’s signature treatment is a hot-oil Ayurvedic head massage.
- Take an archery lesson and discover more about Bhutan’s national sport.
- Enjoy a private lecture on Bhutan and Buddhism with the Mynak Rinpoche.
Amankora Thimphu 's Contact
- Contact No: +975 2 331 333
- Address: Thimphu